First Community Center
Architect: arch. Irena Krusteva
Location: 5250 Svishtov, 2 D. Hadjivasilev Str.
Applicator: Konsorcium KB 2001, Restavratia 02 OOD
Investor: Municipality of Svishtov
Designer of the project is the Viennese architect Paul Brank.
Construction works were started in 1906 and completed in 1908.
It was built as a modern building, which consisted of theater and casino.
The façade design follows the principle of symmetry, but in respect of each facade individually.
With regard to the whole building, the separate facades are graded.
Greater attention is paid to the north façade, facing "D. Hadjivasilev" street and to the west facade, facing the garden.
In the northern facade dominate the two towers, coming forward and flanking the entrance.
They rise above the main cornice of the building and end with an ornate frieze and two quadrilateral domes, coated with zinc-plated steel.
The entrance is designed by three vertically elongated axes ending to a high pediment.
The plaster on the ground floor is designed in rustic style, and on the upper floor has smooth surface.
A fascia is held in all facades.
The decoration is putty and geometric, extending over the plane of the facade.
All corners of the building are highlighted with large rustic pilasters.
The entrance of the west facade is set forward and ends with a railing of balusters.
The facades are partially plastered with Baumit Star Contact and Baumit Aligning Ground Coat and painted with silicate paint in the original colours of Baumit catalogue.
Prepared by: arch. Irena Krusteva
Baumit StarContact, Baumit Putzspachtel (VivaRenova), SilikonColor